What is Spot Grid Trading
In order to explain all the advantages of grid robots in crypto trading, first of all, we need to break down the strategy in which they work. The idea of grid trading is to place pending buy/sell orders at different distances, in order to take profit in any case. To buy the orders are placed above the current price, to sell - below.
Here is an example of a grid strategy using Litecoin as an asset:
- The trader determines the price level at which he wants to base his grid strategy. Let's say the current price of Litecoin is $100.
- The trader determines the size of the grid. It depends on his risk tolerance and the volatility of the asset. For this example, let's assume that he wants to create the grid with intervals of $10.
- The trader places buy orders at $90, $80, $70 and $60 levels. These are the levels at which he will buy Litecoin if the price falls.
- The trader places sell orders at $110, $120, $130 and $140 levels. These are the levels at which he will sell Litecoin if the price rises.
- The trader monitors the price of Litecoin. If the price falls, for example, to $90, one of the buy orders will be executed and he will buy Litecoin at that price. If the price goes up to $110, one of the sell orders will be executed, and the trader will sell Litecoin at that price, which can bring profit.
There are always some risks associated with automating this strategy, especially in unfavourable market conditions. A sudden spike or drop in prices can and will affect your results. To protect your investment, you can use a Stop Loss order.
What can GRID bot do?
Another question we need to answer before we continue is "What is a grid bot?". This concept is one of the key ones for our article.
Grid robots are automated trading systems designed to make deals based on the grid strategy. In the context of cryptocurrency trading, grid bots can be used to buy and sell digital assets based on certain criteria, such as market price movement or trading activity volume.
As the name suggests, grid bots work within the grid trading strategy. This is done by placing a series of buy and sell orders at predetermined intervals, allowing them to take advantage of short-term fluctuations in market prices. They can be configured with different options: grid size, the volume of trading, etc.
One of the main benefits of using the grid bot is that it can help reduce the amount of time and effort required to trade manually. By automating the process, grid bots can help traders optimize their trades and potentially increase profits.
Another undeniable advantage of the robot is the absence of feelings. Emotions such as fear, frustration, anxiety, or even pride can greatly influence a trader's decisions and thus success in the market. Robots, unlike humans, are not susceptible to such factors, so they can follow the exact rules of trading without being distracted by emotional issues. This applies not only to grid trading but to any strategy you are trying to implement.
What is Grid profit in trading bot?
Another important concept in our topic is grid profit.
Grid profit is the profit made by using the Grid Trading Bot in cryptocurrency trading. In other words, it is the total profit made in executed pairs of buy and sell orders.
To calculate your net profit, you have to subtract the total value of your trades (including any fees or commissions) from the total income received from your trades. This will give you the grid profit or loss from grid trading.
Here's an example of how to calculate grid profits when trading cryptocurrency:
- Determine the total value of your trades, including any fees or commissions. Let's say you made 10 deals worth 0.01 BTC each, with a total commission of 0.005 BTC. The total value of your trades is (10 x 0.01 BTC) + 0.005 BTC = 0.105 BTC.
- Determine the total income received from your deals. For example, you made 10 trades in total and sold 0.012 BTC for each of them. Your total income from your trades will be 10 x 0.012 BTC = 0.12 BTC.
- Subtract the total cost of the trades from the total revenue to calculate the net profit or loss. In this example, the net profit would be 0.12 BTC - 0.105 BTC = 0.015 BTC.
It is important to note that this is just an example, and the actual results of your transactions may vary depending on many factors, such as market conditions and the performance of your trading bot. Therefore, it is important to carefully weigh the potential risks and rewards before using a bot to trade on the grid and manage your risks appropriately.
The more successful trades you make, the higher your profits on the grid. This is the reason why grid trading robots are so popular.
How to choose the trading robot?
There are several key factors to consider when choosing a cryptocurrency trading robot:
Look for a trading robot with a proven track record. This can be difficult to evaluate, but you can look for reviews and feedback from other users, as well as any available performance data. Try to bypass online reviews - most of them are bought by developers. Instead, sign up on a forum dedicated to cryptocurrencies and ask for the opinions of users who have been in the industry for a long time.
Consider the fees and commissions associated with using a trading robot. Some robots charge a percentage of your profits as a commission, while others charge a flat fee or subscription fee. Determine which fee structure best suits your needs.
Ease of use
Choose a trading robot that is easy to use and understand. Look for a robot with a user-friendly interface and clear instructions on how to set up and use the system.
Pay attention to the level of customer support offered by the trading robot. Look for a company that is responsive and able to help you with any questions or problems you may have.
It is not unreasonable to thoroughly research any trading robot you are going to use and carefully weigh the potential risks and benefits before making a decision.
According to many users in the cryptocurrency community, a grid bot that meets all the stated conditions can be found on WunderTrading, an automated trading platform.
The platform is designed to help users invest in cryptocurrency and start their trading process smoothly. Additionally, with WunderTrading, users can start trading without spending any money by creating a free account.
Even if you have zero trading experience with WunderTrading, you can start earning by automating trades with cryptocurrency robots and other useful tools. WunderTrading can help you with all your cryptocurrency trading needs.
How to set up WunderTrading grid bot?
The grid bot from this trading platform is a powerful solution to automate your trading, give you more free time and increase your profits. However, it requires initial setup for optimal performance. Treat it as carefully as possible because your trading results, including profits, will depend on it.
To set up a grid trading bot, you'll need to do the following:
- Identify the trading range for the asset you want to trade, selecting both the lower and upper limits.
- Determine the entry point for your trades, as well as the trading volume of the first order and any additional orders.
- Set your take profit percentage and the price step for additional orders.
- Optionally, you can use indicators such as Bollinger, RSI, and/or MACD to help determine the entry point and channel range for your trades.
- If you don't have time or experience to manually trade with the grid bot, you can consider using a crypto copy trading platform to assist you.
To create a fully automated grid strategy, you'll also need to select a stop loss level in your trading script. When the unrealized loss reaches this value, the stop loss will be triggered and the robot will sell the remaining currency at the current market price. The robot will then stop executing after the stop loss occurs.
We have told you how the spot grid bot works. Now you know what to look for when choosing one and how to configure it before you start.
However, like any other form of automated trading, grid bots also have their weaknesses. Always keep in mind that you should check the work of your robot from time to time, because the market situation can change very sharply.